1609 S Stephenson Ave, Iron Mountain, MI 49801, USA

I stayed 1 night at this motel, located in Iron Mountain Michigan, in the U.P., and paid with my credit card. I did acquire a receipt that stated additional charges for state and local taxes would be added to the total, but they ALSO added an unauthorized credit card surcharge.

It is not that much, as amounts go, but it is still unauthorized and it does not state it would be charged, on the receipt.

I contacted BaLinda, twice, at the front desk, by calling. She was not upfront about the additional charges. I asked for a receipt to be emailed to me, which she did.

The second time I called, even though I was polite, she said she had to hang up on me as she had other customers. This was at 11:00 a.m.

I emailed them twice, since I received the email receipt and they fail to answer or respond and have been ignoring me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Motel 6 Owner.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Machele

When you pay with a credit card the issuer, say Visa charges the motel a percentage of the charged amount as a fee to Visa---anywhere from 3 to 5 percent or so. Thus, the surcharge to you for not paying cash. When in a small town in the middle of the UP you should always pay in cash, thus avoiding any surcharge.

Econo Lodge Reviews