139 Ampey Rd, Paw Paw, MI 49079, USA

My husband and I had the worst experience at the Econo Lodge Hotel Paw Paw, MI this last weekend. We arrived at the Econo Lodge late after a long day with family and provided our pre-paid reservation information.

At first the person at the desk just indicated we didn't have a reservation. After showing him the documents confirming our reservation, he conceded that we had a reservation but he had cancelled it. He informed us that he had the right to refuse anyone a room at his discretion. After checking with all the other hotels in Paw Paw, it became clear that rooms were in high demand that night and no rooms were available.

The person at the counter explained that we had made our pre-paid reservations with an online travel company and that Econo Lodge is paid significantly less for those reservations than ones that the Econo Lodge makes directly with customers.

Apparently it is their policy to cancel online reservations if they can resell the room directly to another customer at a higher rate.

If you ever get stuck with a reservation to the Econo Lodge Paw Paw, MI, I strongly recommend you rearrange your travel schedule to check in as early as possible to see if you still have a room. Always have a back-up reservation with a reputable hotel or you will likely end up like my husband and I - a long way from home in the middle of the night with no place to stay.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hotels Room Booking.

Reason of review: Cancelled pre-paid reservation.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments