Pissed Consumer Interviews ?

Econo Lodge 24 United Drive Clarion, PA 16214 814-226-8682 Dear Hotel Manager, I checked into your hotel on Saturday April 1, 2017 and stayed for about an hour. After viewing the room we were given we were contemplating on leaving anyway. And then after the knock on the door by one of your employees we decided to leave due to the foul mouth of the employee and the condition of the room. I spoke to you on April 5th when you told me the hotel manager was not in and did not have a set schedule only to find out that you are the general manager, Lisa. Seeing that you have not called me back to discuss the incident at your establishment, I take it that you don’t care how your customers feel about their stay. Well, let me tell you I am in my 60’s and doubt very much that I would go into a place and start banging on walls especially after driving for 9 hours. Your employee I believe told you that someone said to him, “ Do you want me to shoot you in the face”, That is so untrue, as I told him to please come into the room 3 times, that there was a big blood stain on the mattress that looked like someone was shot in the head and you flipped the mattress over when the blood was still wet because the same stain was on the box spring. Shame on him, If you look at my choice privilege account you can see that I have spent over $2000. Just on Econo Lodges in the past 8 months. Which I will never spend another penny for Econo Lodge. I want you to know that I am disputing my charge at your hotel and the feedback that I am putting all over the internet I have enclosed. I have a pending complaint with the BBB and will be calling the Board of Health on Monday. I have taken photos of the mattress that you would not even lay your body on, which was absolutely disgusting and it’s a shame that your hired employees just did not care about taking a look at what I was trying to tell him. I feel that it is in your best interest to terminate that employee as he does not keep himself and his uniform looking very professional and how myself and grandson and daughter was spoken to is just not exceptable in the professional field. Never in my life have I’ve been treated in such a hostile way.   Sincerely,
Show

Beware of Gatlinburg econo lodge

135 Reagan Dr, Gatlinburg, TN 37738, USA 0 comments
Quality of Food

A couple months ago we called and booked two rooms 7 people at the Econo Lodge in Gatlinburg when we arrived they said they only had one room available for seven people I asked how 7 people were going to sleep in a 2 bed room they had the manager come over Pam she said she would give us another room for three times the price we told her no that is way too much for a small run-down Hotel she said we should have booked sooner when he persisted tell her we did she said if you don't like it go somewhere else I'm cancelling your reservation then through the bank card at my 70 year old mother we had some Choice words and she pretty much laughed and threw us out I called and made a complaint no one gave a call back

Review about: Econo Lodge Customer Care.

Econo Lodge - CREDIT CARD FRAUD AT ECONOLOGDE DTN SLC?

1.6
Quality of Food

I stayed at Econolodge in Salt Lake City in March 2018 and they double charged me. The staff has given me the runaround for five months and my last experience was with a very belligerant clerk that stated that they were refusing to pay me back the double charge portion.

Corporate headquarters is also attempting to dismiss me more than once via email claiming that the receipt for cash that they gave me for my double charge that states the word "adjustment to credit card" means that they actually credited my bank account back. My bank records clearly show no refund was ever made. Corporate Choice Hotels was also asked to email my bank and simply state that their so-called "receipt" means "refund" and then the bank would take care of it all through their fraud department. Corporate Choice Hotels, parent company of Econolodge, will not do such a simple thing via their email to me and want to redirect me back to the clerks that, in my opinion, stole the money and have done, in my opinion, credit card fraud.

I also have the manager who double charged me on a three way conference call with my Bank's fraud department a couple of months later where the manager admits on a recorded line that the refund was never made back to my back. Corporate after being told this, has done absolutely nothing to refund my money and has stated via email this day that they wash their hands of it and that I must contact the Econolodge, which will not give me the double charge refund and keeps up the same old story that me and my bank have heard for months, that it will take 3 - 5 days to show up on my bank account. Then it never does. My advice to anyone in the world is to never, ever give this hotel your credit card or debit information and if you have to stay there, then pay cash only and do not book in advance.

The manager also stated to me while being recorded on their cameras when I asked for my credit card information to be shredded, that they had all the credit cards and bank information of all customers for the last 20 years in their basement. Now why is that? Now Choice Hotels Guest Relations is now telling me that if it doesn't show up credited to my account this time then my bank has to contact Econolodge in SLC to have it done "manually," yet over and over, it has already been relayed to Choice Hotels that my bank simply needs an email stating that their language on their receipt means "refund," and they will take care of it. Choice Hotels is refusing to do this and only wants to send me back to the same rude and/or belligerent clerks in SLC that said they were refusing to pay.

So that will work!!!! If they wanted to pay me back, all they have to do is send me a check or go through bill pay in their computer. How stupid are we supposed to be out here?? It is as clear as it can be.

They are refusing to pay back my double charge. I want to know how many other hundreds and thousands of people are having this same problem if their computers "JUST DON'T WORK!" This is my experience with Choice Hotels and Econolodge and how I feel about the matter.

I am turning them in to the authorities for credit card fraud and anything I say here cannot constitute fact without a court of law. I am just reporting what I was told with them being recorded and how I feel.

Review about: Credit Card Fraud.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I liked: Location.

I didn't like: Credit card fraud.

Econo Lodge - Place sucks

1.4
Quality of Food

Air conditioner is leaking all over the floor and they won't switch our room. I have asked repeatedly.

Our room is also the only one with a box television. Housekeeping does a *** poor job of cleaning if they even come by. Always playing the language barrier. Two females, not of Indian decent, work the front desk and are very rude.

Like the occupants are annoyed by making them do their job. Contenintal breakfast is very limited.

Waffles, a couple of bagels, bread (no jelly or cream cheese, just butter), stale cereal and horrible coffee. The only good thing about the dump is the pool.

Review about: Econo Lodge Customer Care.

BED BUGS!! Econo Lodge Paducah KY

5120 Hinkleville Rd, Paducah, KY 42001, USA 0 comments
1.8
Quality of Food

Econo Lodge Paducah KY - ****** I WANT A REFUND!! PLEASE PASS MY EXPERIENCE BELOW TO A MANAGER! I WANT A RESPONSE AND MONEY BACK!!! *******

Econo Lodge Paducah KY - August 18 - August 19, 2018

It started off OK.. check in , clean room. We were out for a majority of the time, got back around 2am. I went right to sleep, my boyfriend watched TV for another hour. Around 4am, I awoke and my face was on fire, I had 2 Large welts on my face I opened the light and we checked the bed... BED BUGS!!! I took pictures of them, we visually could find adults running on the sheets and behind the mattress close to the wall. One was filled with blood. We went down to the office, I had one bed bug in a tissue. The night manager didn't seem too concerned, told me to toss the bug in the trash...gave some excuse about house keeping missing them or something like that. I showed him my welts and he was like " what time did you check in??.... and youre only noticing this now??!! Why yes...we only noticed them at night time during the dark because they hide and when it gets dark they come out to search for a blood meal. It's not like they come out during the day. All we got was to change rooms, so we did. Switched to a non smoking room that was hot and humid and smelled like an ashtray. Had to deal with the room phone ringing and hanging up. In the morning we went back to the office and told our story again. The manager came over...he didn't seem like he cared, said he had not had any complaints about bed bugs before and that it probably wasn't bed bugs like I was lying... the lady at the desk mumbled told ya so to him. Look... I'm a 46 year old woman, I know what bed bugs look like. I asked for compensation, they said having the room changed was compensation.

They took my information, said something about exterminator would check to confirm and I'd get a call. I want my MONEY BACK, FULLY REFUNDED for this aggravation. Now WE have to worry about ensuring all our belongings in that room we bring home are not infested with the bed bugs because they will now infest our home. Please take what we experienced as the truth and do something about it before the other rooms get them too! I want my money back, we will not be back to this location if we are in Paducah in the future. Please contact me !! Room #117 is the bed bug room!!! Room 121 is the one we were transferred to.

Id also like to say that NO ONE even said that they were sorry and even cared that I had been bitten while asleep.

Thank you!!!

Hotels.com confirmation number8146324009807$67.79

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Location, Price off booking site.

I didn't like: Bed bugs, Uncaring staff.

Econo Lodge - BED BUGS!!!

5120 Hinkleville Rd, Paducah, KY 42001, USA 0 comments
1.9
Quality of Food

Saturday - Sunday August 19 - It started off OK.. check in , visually clean room.

I asked for compensation, they said having the room changed was compensation. They took my information, said something about exterminator would check to confirm and I'd get a call. I want my MONEY BACK, FULLY REFUNDED for this aggravation. Now WE have to worry about ensuring all our belongings in that room we bring home are not infested with the bed bugs because they will now infest our home.

Room #117 is the bed bug room!!! Room 121 is the one we were transferred to.

Review about: Rooms Econo Lodge Paducah Ky.

I liked: Location.

I didn't like: Bed bugs, Lack of concern by management, Made to feel that i did not know what i was talking about.

Econo Lodge - Ruined our Vacation

This was a family reunion, we had a family member tragically pass recently and we were going to celebrate their life of achievements this week as we vacation this week every year anyway. We were traveling with an infant because the parents were too distraught to travel. We live in Sparrows Point, Md. and traveled about three hours or 150 miles to Ocean City, Md. When I first arrived at the EconoLodge, I could smell marijuana, and the two fellows at the desk were definitely under the influence of something. I am a retired law enforcement officer and can smell *** a mile away. I spoke to the manager (Donnie) and he was absolutely unapologetic while telling me my reservations were cancelled 12 hours earlier. I made my reservation in March ( 4 months earlier) and was told to pay upon my arrival. We have made reservations like this for several years in a row at a Quality Inn down the street without any issues. Our favorite spot (that Quality Inn) is now owned by Hilton and it is $2000, more each week making it over $4000, to stay there and they were completely booked. We were horrified to find nothing available for several miles because there is a White Marlin tournament this week.

We later went to the Ocean City travel center to ask for help and found that some of the hotel chains were creating false errors in discounted reservations so they could cancel them and could book full rate paying customers. Unfortunately they also informed us that it is nearly impossible to book anywhere this week due to the White Marlin contest. After chatting on Facebook, we found that indeed some chains are changing credit card expiration dates to create transaction failures and they can then CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION. This celebration of a loved ones live has been turned into a second nightmare thanks to Econo Lodge and Choice Hotels for cancelling our reservation without contacting us at all. We, unfortunately traveled back to Sparrows Point, Md. that night.

Keep in mind we were in touch with Choice Hotels the entire time and although we've always booked through them, we sat in the EconoLodge parking lot on the phone with them, they were absolutely ZERO help to us and explained each chain is independent. The young lady on the phone at Choice Hotels sat silent with no answers for us until we hung up.

If you could take a moment to review the Choice Hotels feedback for this hotel you'll clearly see this wise guy of a manager just cuts and pastes the identical pre-manufactured BS response to every negative write up. This is obviously a horrible situation for customers made worse by Choice Hotels failing to look at these negative reviews and protect their so-called valued customers.

Review about: Choice Hotels Member.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Monetary Loss: $1985.

Econo Lodge - BED BUGS BAD

2910 Ross Clark Cir, Dothan, AL 36301, USA 0 comments

Checked my bed as soon as I arrived at hotel bed was covered with bed bugs, went to the front desk to tell the front desk clerk who was very polite and nice and she explained to me that her mangager stated on the phone that she wasn't allowed to give refunds and that she would refund me my money when she mad to work at 6:30 a.m, I went back and explained to her he problems with the beg bugs and she started yelling really loud with other guest ,about how she wasn't giving me a refund and how she refused to give me coorprates name and number! I asked her why and she stated she didn't have to!

So I ask her for a refund form and two copy's and she stated I could only get one! I've been going to house hotels for a very long time and this was by far my worst experience! The rooms where old with bed bugs!!! And the manager Tammy Kyser is very rude and angry!

Never again in my life! Clean it up econo!!!!!

Econo Lodge - Supervisor kicked my out room

wen i got off work fri i couldnt get in my room so i walk to front desk to ask why and she told me key was keyed for only one day i said no i been here since mon and supervisor from back room screaming at me like yeah i did it for one day and i said i wasnt talking to u her reply was do u want me to kick u out cause i can i said if u want to wat can i do and thats wen i got call from my job that i was being kick out she said i was being rude which is not true thats not the first time she was yelling me and i heard her screaming at customers on phone trying to make reservations o have no reason to lie at all and this happen fri aug 3 2018

Econo Lodge - Worst General Manager ever!!!!

1.2
Quality of Food

On August 3rd I had a graduation to go to in Tallahassee, FL and booked reservations for my family and I and some friends. When we arrived we all went inside the lobby because we were rushing trying to get ready and get the room key.

When the General Manager came out she seem a group of us and automatically assumed we all were going to stay in the one room. She never ask nor did she greet she jumped right into how the system is down and she’s having trouble. She tried to stall us and figure out a way to charge my card for two rooms. I was very disappointed and felt as if she discriminated us.

She then begin to come up with many excuses about how the law is and their procedures alone with a man who assumed he knew the law. It was very embarrassing that I had to explain myself to somebody who was not doing their job. I had no choice but to keep the hotel because I really didn’t want to miss my family graduation and they were counting on me and my family. So, I decided to keep the room.

I was very upset and pissed.

Never again will I ever go back to that hotel in a million years!!!! Her name was Gina Patel located at 2681 N Monroe st Tallahassee FL

Review about: Econo Lodge Manager.

Econo Lodge - False charge

2.8
Quality of Food

I stayed @ Ecno Lodge in Beckley West Virgina When I got to my destination I noticed I was charged 79.50 and called the hotel and the man said he couldn't help me so Iam on Vacation and called again the desk manager said call her back in 2 hours So I did and she said I took iron and towels I said I didn't she said well let me check with the housekeepers and to call back in 3 days so I did and she said I took a iron I said what about towels she said I don't know but you took a iron She is very unprofessional and I hung up Got a hold of customer relations. They called and got what I got so not sure who can help me but she told them I switched out the iron omg I never even showered or even knew there was a iron I was just there to sleep So 2 rooms ended up costing me almost 300 Iam not even believing this is happening and Iam really wanting my money back TG

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I liked: Close to highway.

I didn't like: False charges of stealing.