Featured

Econo Lodge - Customer Service
Explore video interviews
Advertisements
Updated by user Feb 08, 2023

I am a Choice Hotel rewards member. Customer Service has lied to me about their program just to appease me. I am so disappointed with Choice Hotels

Original review Feb 08, 2023
It all started last week. My daughter slipped and fell at Econo Lodge, from the toilet leaking. My 1 year old daughter fell hours after management was told. My daughter was taken to the emergency room. I have talked to Customer Service daily. Their compensation was 24000 points. A BIG slap in the face. I was told that is all Customer Service could do. I am a cancer patient who is going through treatment. Customer Service is very dishonest and not trustworthy.

Preferred solution: I want what was promised to me. We are waiting for the ER bill

User's recommendation: Be careful

Conni B Qlm
map-marker Monroe, Louisiana

i stayed at econo lodge bossier city . the room was discusting !!! when i checked out i forgot my phone and they refused to give it back to me. i have proof of everything if anyone is intrested,

Preferred solution: my phone returned and refund

Resolved
Barbara B Zvt

| map-marker Jackson, Tennessee

Resolved: I had the worst experience I've ever had in 34 years of during a hotel/motel stay. Very rude front desk personnel, dirtiest and raggedy,, hotel with the most unprofessional service. Roaches/Bedbugs .

Updated by user May 16, 2024

An apology and points were issued by Clarion Corporation.

Original review May 16, 2024
Continue : Roaches crawling up wall/bedbugs. Furniture in room raggedy, handles broken off dressers. The Wifi did not work and they never tried to fix it even after me complaining more than once. Refrigerator did not get cold, microwave was dirty, exhaust fan in bathroom very dusty. Toilet base was discolored with urine and rust stains. And urine stains on front of toilet front. Dirty un removable tub mat glued inside tub, towels dingy as well as the bedsheets.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Uncleanliness of the hotel room environment

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Never, ever rent from this disgusting hotel/motel. Not a clean place to lay your head.

conni B

| map-marker Bossier City, Louisiana

Im beyond pissed have not had anything resolved at all

Econo Lodge - Im beyond pissed have not had anything resolved at all
Econo Lodge - Im beyond pissed have not had anything resolved at all - Image 2
Econo Lodge - Im beyond pissed have not had anything resolved at all - Image 3
Econo Lodge - Im beyond pissed have not had anything resolved at all - Image 4
I stayed in an Econo Lodge in Bossier City, LA and left my phone in the room after checking out, but they claim it wasn't there now.
Cons:
  • Cleaniness

Preferred solution: a refund and my iphone

User's recommendation: clearly you need to train staff on cleaning and how not to steal i would like my money and phone back!

Misty S Miu

| map-marker Hurstbourne, Kentucky

Failing to give back refund

Econo Lodge - Failing to give back refund

If I could give it a negative star I would. First they made my boyfriend write a five star review before they would even follow through with our reservation.

On top of that he just lost his job after six years and we lost our home. So we needed a few days to just relax. So it took me five hours to find a cheap place with lots of amenities. The photos made it seem beautiful had a computer lab which we needed so could find some resources.

Had a indoor pool and jazzcui I was so excited. When we got there there was not even breakfast as they said there was which like i said we are hurting when comes to money so breakfast was a must. So no breakfast, no lab, no pool or Jacuzzi, no ice machine. It keeps ongoing with what it didn't have.

My girlfriend was on all fours trying to get up the little pile of dirt after cleaning up the room because we just had a feeling that they weren't going to give us it back. They were laughing at her and making side jokes.

We had ESA animals two with the documents needed so they put us in the wrong room we didn't know they didn't come to even check on us to see if we wanted housekeeping or fresh linens the entire time. So now they are trying to say their keeping it for the pets which we already paid extra for in the beginning.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Save yourself don't go

Marshall W Vbh

| map-marker Salisbury, North Carolina

Horrible Customer Service from Amelia Lopez aka Diane Sanchez

Econo Lodge - Horrible Customer Service from Amelia Lopez aka Diane Sanchez
Econo Lodge - Horrible Customer Service from Amelia Lopez aka Diane Sanchez - Image 2
Econo Lodge - Horrible Customer Service from Amelia Lopez aka Diane Sanchez - Image 3

I called this hotel to reserve a room for my neice and her husband who is a veteran and is battling cancer. I spoke to the front desk receptionist, explained what I was doing and she was short but gave me the guidance to contact Priceline.

. She told me that I could not use a credit card over the phone to make a reservation. No problem, I went through Priceline and made the reservation. I received the confirmation and contacted the hotel to confirm the reservation for my niece who was traveling with her Veteran husband who is battling cancer.

It was at that time the *** show began. They claimed they could not see the reservation, so I had Priceline email her directly, all of a sudden, she didn't see the emails and missed the repeat phone calls from Priceline. She told my niece who was being very polite and quiet to wait outside in her car, not in the lobby. I am a thirty year retired soldier who has traveled all over the world, only to experience the blatant racism that I endured today.

The receptionist who initially introduced herself as Amelia Lopez suddenly had an identity crisis and when asked her name suddenly switched her name to Diane Sanchez. Ridiculous, unprofessional, condescending, deceptive with a nasty attitude. After reading the reviews I am glad that we were spared an even worse visit at this nasty hotel. Based on the reviews this place should be reported to the health department and shut down immediately.

I would rather sleep in a cot , in the hot desert with sand and flies before I sleep in this rat, roach infested hotel with rude, lying and unprofessional front desk receptionist. Moral of the story is..

you get what you pay for!! Disgusting!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Price
Cons:
  • Hateful
  • Unprofessional
  • Racist

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THIS PLACE. TRUST, YOU WILL THANK ME LATER!!

Resolved

Econo Lodge - Unprofessional and unclean - Image 3
Updated by user Nov 14, 2023

Fixed nothing.

Original review Nov 13, 2023
front end acted rude on being confronted about cockroach issue. I transport clients to this hotel and the manager behind the desk as well as another employee's response to addressing this problem was not only rude, but unprofessional, they are unclean and unsanitary.

Bad customer service and refuse to deal with cockroach issue. Requesting i don't come back, as well as the clients I drop off. Rude and disrespectful to customers and people. Instead of taking care of issue, they said I cant come back.

An ex employee has nothing to do with cockroaches. Their establishment and issues with an ex employee has nothing to do with me. I was banned because they had a personal altercation with a ex employee, but they also didn't want to deal with the cockroach issue. That issue with them and an ex employee is between them.

They were confronted nicely about cockroaches. They are a business, there is no reason to ban me from the property, because I spoke in regard to cockroaches. Whatever issue they have with a ex employee, they blamed on me. I'm not the ex employee.

If the ex employee screamed at them, it does not concern me. I did not scream at them. I'm concerned about cockroaches. As I saw, them yelling at this ex employee as well.

It was not just the ex Employee yelling. If they treat me this way, as well as others unprofessionally, it makes me wonder what you did to make this ex employee upset. I wasn't yelling at no one. They brought up who I associate myself with, sounds personal, and very unprofessional.

Seriously, every time someone brings something to their attention which them as a business need to know and also need to maintain, are they going to ban people? I'm not the first person they have told not to come back, for things that were brought to the attention of this business. The actions of an Ex employee has nothing to do with me. They can try to blame me, all day long, however my focus is the COCKROACH issue.

This is a business and cockroaches are in this establishment. I came several days prior and wanted to meet with the owner regarding your cockroach issue. I have no intention of ever giving my business to this place as, I don't want to get sick from cockroach infestation, as I favor my health. In the mist of this incident someone had posted things attempting to be my account.

The were said I didnt say. That matter is being is being dealt with.
Pros:
  • Close too restaurants
Cons:
  • Room was dirty
  • Smells terrible staff rude
  • Worst

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Bug infested, unsanitary, find another hotel

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2426649

I have nowhere to go. My parents kicked me out of the house and I was banned from the homeless shelter.

reply icon Replying to comment of morii.

Again you are impersonating my account and it’s pretty clear your intentions to sabotage my review and me. You are not the real account and this is been reported

Guest

Lame.....Double posting to make this seem like it's an epic event..... I hope your clients aren't depending on you for anything.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2426748

Well guess what, I addressed the issue regarding cockroaches, which I have a right to do. You were unprofessional and rude, I took my business elsewhere.

you are a business I have grounds to complain, especially when there is a cockroach issue. You have brought up an Ex employee (which you got into an altercation with) idiots and possums ( indirectly referring to me) Me being fired ( when I never worked there), Me attempting to shut down your establishment,( when that doesn't concern me) questioning me in regards to my clients. (When that doesn’t concern you, as I will never give my business again. You’re not even staying on point with this situation.

Im complaining about cockroaches and the fact I you were rude . that’s my focus and My issue. But I’m not going to keep going back and forth arguing. It’s clear that you don’t choose to address this issue, and it’s being evaded.

That's on you and your business. Have a good day

Denetra Eyn
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2426881

Get your facts straight kid. I DON'T WORK FOR THEM.

Get a parent to help you click on my username you will see that they have comments FOR OTHER COMPANIES. YOU ARE LYING AND STUPID.

reply icon Replying to comment of Denetra Eyn

Some else had gained access to my account, my apologies and is sending stuff that I’m not sending. I apologize about this matter and it is being felt with accordingly. As far as resolving this matter, it is closed, cause you have proven that you don’t want to resolve it

Denetra Eyn
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2426881

I also suppose that you did not make this post falsely accusing this person of working at the hotel either. You really are STUPID., Do you really think that the same person whom you dealt with is knows you posted here.

You are a liar, and you did make those posts. The IP address matches.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2426881

I did not make this comment and I am done with the company. I did not make the comment saying you work for the company.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2426748

What clients. I am not a lawyer.

Guest

As I stated before, I'm not giving you my business nor would I ever put any clients of mine in an unsafe hotel, especially when an employee that works at this hotel is messaging me about possums and idiots. Indirectly referring to me.

It has nothing to do with common sense. You are being reported because of how you’re handling this in an unprofessional manner.

Again, when you manage a business and an issue is brought to your attention, your suppose to act professionally. I have every right to file a complaint.

View more comments (16)
Teresa S Kim

Dirty motel

We checked in the Econo Lodge in Belton Mo , would not have stayed there but we did. The room was very dirty I cleaned it myself so we stayed we took care of our own room we never had cleaning service.we stayed for 8 days the only thing clean was the sheets and towels the toilet was falling water was all over the floor mirrors were dirty old food under the microwave and old food under the fridge shower curtain had holes the curtains at the window had holes .

People outside our room smoking *** and talking loud the room smelled of smoke and it was a non-smoking room. I would never ever recommend this motel to anyone nothing like sleeping at the city dump

Preferred solution: Clean what you own it's your business

Becky C Laj
map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

Just like to give them after I stay

Econo Lodge - Just like to give them after I stay
Everything worked in my room I was missing a blanket and they brought it rt to me.walk8ng distance to the park case u want to take ur dog there. They do have security walking around all night. My ice box was huge .I figured there would be people hanging out everywhere but there wasn't any the security guy makes sure there not on property anywhere so I really felt safe sleeping.the staff was awsome verry nice listening to wat anybody has to say thank you

User's recommendation: The staff is awsome got a problem talk to them dont yell or raise voice and she will listence and fix the problem

Miriam B Lqb

| map-marker Weldon, North Carolina

Unfair charge for 2 people in the room!

My sister was told it would cost an extra $100.00 per night for her caregiver to stay in her handicapped room. My sister's name is Phyllis Wilcox and she's in room 108. Phyllis is 80 years old and has to walk with a cane. She needs her caregiver with her at all times. I was told by your corporate office that this is not correct.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Be careful they might try to charge you more than the correct room rate fee!!

Guest

If two people are staying in the room, they should charge you for two people.. regardless of the situation.

Felis b Vda

| map-marker Longmont, Colorado

I earned my free night stay I was planning on staying 3 days . 2 I laid and third one free and nope they kicked ne out at 1130 like I was nuts I'm pissed

Econo Lodge - I earned my free night stay I was planning on staying 3 days . 2 I laid and third...
Econo Lodge - I earned my free night stay I was planning on staying 3 days . 2 I laid and... - Image 2
Not getting my room for free as I earned it with my stays . Pushed me out the door Ike I was squatting when inlaid ahead if tine

Preferred solution: A night free as stated

User's recommendation: Stay elsewhere

Madison D Oyx

*** service

Im being charged $12 for a towel that myself, boyfriend, and 6 year old daughter didnt ruin. Its sad that I was able to take my socks and shoes off walk to the bathroom get in the shower and dirt from the room is in the bathtub. I didnt even have make up on to remotely damage this towel. $12 for a towel with black smudge that wont come off is ridiculous. Then Im told by 2 different general managers to calm down before I die of a heart attack and they both gave me nasty attitudes and were rude as ***
Loss:

Preferred solution: Compensation for my entire one night stay!

User's recommendation: Bring your own towels!!!

Josephine R Zmz

The kept my money

Econo Lodge - The kept my money
Econo Lodge - The kept my money - Image 2
Econo Lodge - The kept my money - Image 3
Econo Lodge - The kept my money - Image 4
Econo Lodge - The kept my money - Image 5
Econo Lodge - The kept my money - Image 6

I was given a room that was dirty from entrance to bathroom. The 1st room had what appeared to be a man's body fluid as if he just finished using the bed on top of comforter.

The pillows were used, cloths used. The second room I was given was just as disgusting with *** splattered all in toilet and several dirt rings in the tub as well as hair, the floors were disgusting. I was told by management there were no more rooms available after I showed her my second room and I would be refunded.

They never refunded my money and lied and said there were no complaints on that day when T mobile travel reached out to them. That hotel isn't even fit to raise animals in.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't waste your money on these disgusting rooms as well as drug attics hanging out there

Lee D Pqk

Verified Reviewer

Is complaint about a hotel in a Yazo city mississippi

I have contacted the hotel several times about not being allowed into the hotel with my service dog and continue to have difficulty with the staff at the hotel. I'm exhausted from speaking to the staff who will not allow me to take my money back. This is humiliating and very frustrating for me when the law is on my side.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Never deal with hotel staff the male is dangerous and I has been jailed for assault .

Meriam H Cjc

Complaining the Econolodge in Creedmoor NC

They have repeatedly attempted to charge me for two days of reservations that were cancelled in a timely manner and I didn't stay at the facility Watch closely your charges and monitor your bank account
Loss:
Pros:
  • Clean rooms
Cons:
  • Two way mirrors and spy cameras

Mary B Sde

Very upset

Still will not refund my money. Management will not accept a call from me or call me back. Choice Hotels is no help either.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Thieves

User's recommendation: Go somewhere else

map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

Well ck on Room 225?

Im getting news from my granddaughters friends.. That there's a possibility she has passed away in the room NO answer at front desk, NO answer at room cant get a hold of any real person Main line of Choice Hotels cannot even get a hold of the independent owner??? Geez, what kind of motel is this??? Didnt want to involve police if not true just go knock on the door!!!

User's recommendation: Nooooo

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article