Fife, Washington
2.7

Dear Sirs,

The room this crime happened in was room 222. Our room was 221 – the room next door. We heard the commotion begin and subsequently left to go to get some groceries. When we arrived back we were told we were kicked out of our room (obviously for safety purposes) by the police. Many other people were too of course. We were not allowed back into our room until the next day and had to find another place to stay that night. Even though others were allowed back in their rooms at approximately 330am that same night (or technically the next morning)….we were not, because the police were still using our room (as it was the room right next door) as an office or headquarters or something and were not out of it yet. Our room was in all kind of disarray from the police when we were finally allowed to go in and collect our belongings the next day (900am). I have photos. Our windows were left wide open and the screens were gone. There was various food wrappers everywhere, the bed was messed up…..all our cups and towels had been used. I couldn’t even shower….and the place smelled like they had set off a canister of tear gas (which I believe they did) and our clothing had all been gone through. Not Econo Lodge’s fault, but nonetheless, I feel we deserve our money back for that night’s stay (or non-stay).

All we are trying to do is get our money back for that one night that we were not allowed to stay. We are continually getting the run around from the people at the hotel.

Any help or suggestions from you would be greatly appreciated. Even though 65 dollars is not a lot of money to some people…..my husband is out of work and we are between homes…….and we really can’t afford to pay for something we did not receive (which was a good night’s sleep at your hotel).

I would be happy to send you my paperwork and receipt to prove that we were in fact in that room the evening of this terrible event.

Kind regards,

Product or Service Mentioned: Econo Lodge Room.

Reason of review: No refund.

Comments

I would be talking to the police about the problem as well. Since they messed up the room while you were out.